At an early age Christian began to experiment with acoustic and electronic instruments, computers and video while looking for alternative ways to connect image and sound. After becoming a professional photographer he studied Media Design at Bauhaus University and Electro Acoustic Composition at Academy of Music Franz Liszt in Weimar. Christian holds a PhD in composition from the Estonian Academy of Music and Theater. Since 2006 he lectured at several academies in Germany, Egypt and Estonia and was head of the Media Design Department of the German University in Cairo. His interdisciplinary work covers composition, audio installation, multi media, video, photography, teaching and writing. He is the publisher of the contemporary harpsichordist and co-director of the Formula Mundi Film Festival.
- since 2013 multimedia expert / IT manager at Foundation Innove / TES in Tallinn, Estonia
- since 2012 lecturing at Estonian Academy of Music and Theater
- since 2004 freelance media designer
- 2012 – 2016 PhD studies at Estonian Academy of Music and Theater – composition department (graduated in 6/2016)
- 2013 work at the ‘Institut für Fernstudium in der Weiterbildung’, AKAD in Stuttgart, Germany
- 2012 visiting professor at GUC – Berlin Campus, Germany
- 2012 teaching assignment at Estonian Academy of Arts in Tallinn, Estonia
- 2011 – 2012 head of the Media Design Department at the German University in Cairo, Egypt
- 2009 – 2011 full-time lecturer at the German University in Cairo, Egypt – Faculty of Applied Science and Arts – Media Design Department
- 2006 – 2009 research associate at the University of Applied Sciences Schwäbisch Hall, Germany – Media Design Department
- 2004 – 2007 supplement study of electroacoustic composition at the Academy of Music FRANZ LISZT in Weimar, Germany (graduated in 07/2007) and at Estonian Academy of Music and Theater Tallinn, Estonia
- 2000 – 2004 study of Mediadesign at the Bauhaus – University in Weimar, Germany (graduated in 6/2004)
- 1998 – 2000 work as a professional photographer in Heilbronn, Germany (Studio Riesmeier)
- 1995 – 1998 education as a photographer in Heilbronn and Stuttgart, Germany (Studio Riesmeier)
- Fischer, C. (2016): „Frühstück in L.A. – von der Ubiquität der Musik“, Kunstforum International – California Dreaming II, Bd. 239 April/Mai 2016, S.86-91.
- Fischer, S. und Fischer, C. (2015): The Contemporary Harpsichordist (part II), publisher. ISMN 979-0-50104-189-3.
- Fischer, C. (2015): „Understanding Animated Notation” proceedings of TENOR 2015 First International Conference on Technologies for Music Notation and Representation, Paris
- Fischer C. (2015): „Worlds Collide – utilizing animated notation in live electronic music“. eContact! Journal of the Canadian Electro Acoustic Music Society – in proceedings of the Toronto International Electroacoustic Conference 2014
- Fischer, C. (2015): „Animeeritud Notation“, TEMUKI Journal 3/2015, S.72-79. ISSN: 0207-653
- Fischer, C. (2014): „Los Paul! Vom Konfliktpotential in der Musik“, Kunstforum International – Konflikte – Zur existentiellen Notwendigkeit von Kunst, Bd. 230 Dezember 2014 – Januar 2015, S.104-109.
- Fischer, S. und Fischer, C. (2014): The Contemporary Harpsichordist (part I), publisher. ISMN 979-0-50104-1855
- Fischer, C (2014): „Reflection“, The Contemporary Harpsichordist, S. 28-29. ISMN 979 0 50104 1855
- Fischer, C. (2014): „Intrinsic Sonics“, RHIZOPE Art & Science – Hybrid Art and Interdisciplinary Research, S. 130-131. ISBN 978 9949 467 51 8
Fischer, C (2013): „Animeeritud graafiline notatioon – futuristilike ideoloogiate mõju elektroakustilisele muusikale“, TEMUKI Journal 3/2013, S. 71-78. ISSN: 0207-653
- Fischer, C. (2013): „Motion Graphic Notation – a tool to improve live electronic music practice“, Emille vol.11 – proceedings of the annual conference of the Korean Electro-Acoustic Music Society, Seoul.